With the initiation of Dr.V.Lakshmi,Prof & HOD,Deprtment of Microbiology,NIMS and the co-operation from all the eminent Microbiologists of twin cities the meeting was re-started once again and is to be scheduled bi-monthly to bring together all the Faculty and Post Graduates and share their experiences and update knowledge in the field of Microbiology.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE FIRST TWIN CITIES MICROBIOLOGISTS MEET- 2015 :
First Meet of 2015 was conducted by Dr.Ratna Rao,HOD of Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad in Dept of Microbiology on Jan 17th along with her team.
Topics presented by the speakers
1) Dr.Ratna Rao - Hot spot in Hospital
2) Dr.Ratnamani - PG Forum Sepsis Biomarkers-An update
PROCEEDINGS OF THE SECOND TWIN CITIES MICROBIOLOGISTS MEET- 2015 :
Second meet of 2015 was conducted by Dr.M.V.Rama Rao, Prof & HOD ,Dept of Microbiology , Bhaskara Medical College on 7-3-2015. A total of 48 Microbiologists attended the meeting. Meeting started at 2.00 PM with the opening remarks of the Dean, Dr. Narsing Rao.
The programme had two lectures -
1. Proteomics by Dr.Shazia Parvin ,Asso Professor
2. Influenza Vaccines by Dr.S.Madhavi,Asso Professor
Dr.Amarender Reddy , Director IPM, gave brief information regarding H1N1 testing.
Pedagogy Competition For Post Graduates : A pedagogy competition was held for post graduates on the topic, “New antibiotics in the treatment of MDR ESKAPE bacteria”
Three postgraduates participated in this competition.
1 ) Dr.Y.Kathyayani from Osmania Medical College
2) G.Sushma from Gandhi Medical College
3) Tahniyat Hussain from Shaadan Medical College
Dr.Sushma of Gandhi Medical College was declared as the winner.
· The meeting ended with vote of thanks by Dr.Rama Rao , CEO and Professor of Microbiology , Bhaskara Medical College.
· The next Twin City Meet will be held at Care Group of Hospitals. Details of date and venue will be intimated shortly.