An executive body meeting of IAMM AP Chapter was held on 25th June 2012, at the Department of Microbiology, Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad in the chambers of Dr. P.R. Anuradha, Vice president of IAMM AP Chapter and Professor and Head, Department of Microbiology, Gandhi Medical College to discuss various issues and the following resolutions were made.
1. REGISTRATION OF THE ASSOCIATION : In accordance with the resolutions passed in the General body meeting at Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool during XV IAMM AP Chapter Annual Conference, 2012, it is resolved to register the IAMM AP Chapter as soon as possible. The PAN Card will also be applied after the registration process is completed. Also it is decided to prepare a letter head, receipt books and rubber stamps for the association. All the executive members have signed the registration form and also submitted the Photos and Photo IDs as required for the registration. It is also resolved to pay the registration and renewal fees from the funds of IAMM AP Chapter.
2. PG Memberships : In furtherance of the resolution passed in the General body meeting during the year 2008, it is resolved to continue ONLY PG Memberships for all the postgraduates that is valid for 3 years by payment of Rs. 500-00. This is going to be implemented from this year 2012. But the PGs who are already in the final year , who have not taken the PG 3 year membership earlier , may take annual membership by paying Rs.250/-, only for the current financial year . The membership is a must for participation of any events or competitions at the conference (The rules, regulations , membership guidelines and membership form will be available on the website). From here onwards only 3 year PG membership and life membership will be continued.
ALL THE POST GRADUATES ARE REQUESTED TO NOTE THIS AND TAKE MEMBERSHIPS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE PASS ON THE MESSAGE TO OTHERS.
3. NEWS BULLETIN : A comprehensive news bulleting with updates once a year will be published. Keeping in view of the increased postal/courier rates, it is resolved to circulate the news letter through email only. The News letter will also be available on the website. This is supplementary to the other regular updates available on the website from time to time.
4. SUPPORT FOR POSTGRADUATE TEACHING/ RESEARCH ACTIVITES : It is resolved to gather information from the research or referral institutes regarding the facilities available and disseminate the same through regular updates on the website.
5. It is resolved to submit a memorandum to the Secretary, IAMM (Dr. Iyer Ranganathan), regarding the delays and non receipt of the journals by many of the life members.
6. It is resolved that the residential address of the secretary for the particular period has to be submitted as the address of communications and also for submitting the same to the registration authorities from time to time.
7. Guidelines for PG pedagogy Competetion at the conference : it is resolved to frame the guidelines for the PG pedagogy based on the guidelines of the Microteaching of the Teaching methodology courses, which will be published in the web site. (The guidelines will be published soon).
8. It is decided to suggest a topic on “curriculum design” in the conferences as a form of a group discussion or a small symposium. Needs to be discussed with the convener of the annual conference.
9. PG Practical examinations : it is resolved to call for opinions from the senior faculty and heads of the departments regarding reducing the duration of PG (MD) practical examination from 3 days to 2 days. The opinions may be submitted with justifications, so that a consolidated opinion can be represented to higher authorities for consideration.
10. Decision to provide TA for the executive members attending the Executive body meetings : An approximate amount of Rs. 10,000 may be needed to meet the expenditure. The matter kept pending for further discussions before a final decision is taken.
11. It is resolved to discuss in the general body meeting about increasing the life membership fee (from Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2000) for the state chapter and also to give some discount in delegate fee for a particular time period (like early bird registration fee for the Life members) for the annual state conferences.
LIST OF THE PARTICIPANTS
1. Dr. K. Sreenivasa Rao, President, IAMM AP Chapter, Professor and Head, Dept of Microbiology, Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool
2. Dr. P.R.Anuradha, Vice-President, IAMM AP Chapter , Professor and head of Microbiology, Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad
3. K. Prasanthi, Secretary, IAMM AP Chapter Asst. Professor of Microbiology, Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad
4. Dr. Venkataramana, Treasurer, IAMM AP Chapter : Asst. professor of Microbiology, Guntur Medical College, Guntur
5. Dr. D.S.Murty, Joint Secretary, IAMM AP Chapter, Asst. Professor of Microbiology, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
6. Dr. K.Saialeela, Executive Member, IAMM AP Chapter, Professor and Head of Microbiology, Kaimineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Narketpally
7. Dr. P.Sreenivasulu Reddy, Executive Member, IAMM AP Chapter, Professor of Microbiology, Narayana Medical College, Nellore
8. Dr. P. Kasturi, Executive Member, IAMM AP Chapter, Asst. Professor of Microbiology, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
Website : http://sites.google.com/site/iammapchapter/
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org